About the franchise for sale
Exceptional Business Opportunity – Cambridge
The Franchise territory covers Cambridge and all areas within postcodes CB1-CB9 as well as CB21-CB25 (inclusive). This is a large and affluent area with a population of approximately 400k people, and growing!
Cambridge is an exciting and vibrant place to live and work with several renowned colleges and universities on your doorstep as well as a thriving Science Park. There is sustained investment in the development of Cambridge and the surrounding commercial areas and thus Cambridge is maintaining its identity as a modern, active and impressive place to do business in. There is great potential for business growth in the provision of training services in Cambridge and surrounding areas and the market for both private and corporate clients is potentially very large.
The Training Centre is located on St Andrews Street in the heart of Cambridge, opposite the Grade Arcade shopping centre. It is surrounded by the main retail, commercial and business district. It is within a short walking distance of the Universities, shopping district, main bus station, and the Cambridge railway station, ideally situated to capture the attention of potential customers/students.
Good transport links (including the Park and Ride services) and the ample car parking facilities around the city centre make it easily accessible for all our students. Pitman Cambridge also benefits from one dedicated parking slot within the Centre building car park itself for the business owner.
The Cambridge centre was established approx. 17 years ago and benefits from a very spacious 1,140 sq ft of space accommodating the training area, office and reception area. It has plenty of space to expand student capacity by introducing further computer stations in the future, with the potential to dedicate space to host external exams. The centre displays all the latest branding material and has been tastefully appointed. It is well signposted form street level and benefits from a steady flow of ‘walk-ins’.
At present there are 16 student workstations with PCs and 4 staff workstations with PCs. All training material is delivered digitally from the Server to avoid the need for any additional media cluttering the workspace. This has been improved further with the recent introduction of the Pitman Campus – an online virtual learning environment to allow our students even more flexibility to access their training.
The Main Business of Pitman Cambridge is the provision of circa. 350 professional training courses from the Pitman range. These courses cover secretarial, specialist secretarial, sage, accounting and finance, microsoft office, general office skills, management and business, IT technical, web design and self and career development to our students through in-centre and online study methods. We also provide a variety of courses to make our students more confident with everything from social media to events management.
Pitman Cambridge is also an approved examination centre for specific exams conducted by AAT, IAB, AMSPAR, OCR, BCS, Microsoft (MOS), AAT, CIOBS, FDIS, CACHE, City & Guilds, and CIM. E-Assessments form approximately 20% of the annual turnover and this sector continues to grow rapidly.
The Client base is split 70:30 between the private sector and the corporate sector and the business is currently benefitting from approximately 80 web inspired leads per month. We also run a weekly open day with signposting at street level which attracts additional prospects. We have provided training for several reputable organisations, including Cambridge University and the NHS, and as the business has gained more recognition in the area, repeat business from both the public and corporate sector has steadily grown over recent years.
The business is offered as a going concern with an asking price of £80,000. This will include a new 5 year franchise agreement, all fixtures, fittings and IT equipment as well as the client database, numerous e-shot templates and Facebook and Twitter pages with their subscribers.
The decision to sell the Cambridge Centre has been taken reluctantly and has been driven as a result of change in personal circumstances.
Summary of benefits
- A franchise of a very respectable name in training, established for over 176 years and known all over the world
- An easily accessible, professional training centre located in the heart of Cambridge, a vibrant and affluent location with a growing population
- One of the oldest running Pitman franchises
- Clean, professional and spacious centre accessible from everywhere in the franchise territory
- A new and innovative training delivery portal, Pitman Campus, allowing maximum flexibility for full time and part time workers and people with other commitments
- Hugely popular approved exam centre for several examining bodies
- A content rich database with over 4,000 current student, previous student and prospects’ contact details
- An improved CRM system being introduced by the franchisor
- Full training handover from the owner and ongoing training and support provided by the Franchisor
- Experienced Franchisor who provides Marketing, Customer Support and Product department services, in addition to a dedicated Franchise Development Manager
- Pitman Training Cambridge microsite on the main Pitman Training national website which is centrally managed and maintained. A new, fresh look website designed with the latest in web marketing strategy is due to be launched for 2017 by the Franchisor in order to help further enhance the ongoing continued growth of web inspired leads across the Pitman Training network.