Jackson Fire and Security – A Hot Opportunity
Jackson Fire and Security is the first independent company in the UK to offer a franchised business opportunity in the fire and security industry.
Jackson Fire and Security was founded in North Wales in 1991 and quickly became one of the largest regional providers of fire and safety equipment in the UK. Our national franchise opportunity was launched in 2013, and provides franchise owners access to a £3bn marketplace.
The franchise system enables franchise owners to offer the same high standards of equipment and customer service across the UK, backed up by a committed and experienced team at Jackson HQ. Our franchise owners benefit from having a tailor-made business, set up and ready to go.
The Jackson Network
We offer a wide range of support to our franchisees, which leaves them free to concentrate on winning new business and supporting their own client base.
From our National Support Centre in North Wales:
- We manage all job requests from our national client base;
- Allocate and distribute jobs to the relevant franchisee;
- Provide assistance in engineer recruitment
- Operate the Jackson Fire and Security 24/7 emergency repair/make safe service; and
- Manage our marketing and sales activities – including tendering for major contracts
Our franchise owners are responsible for developing their own local and regional client bases through local marketing and business-to-business networking, whilst their engineers deliver the service.
The services offered by our franchise owners include:
- Insurance industry approved installation and maintenance of security systems;
- NSI Gold/BAFE accredited fire alarm design, installation and maintenance;
- Fire extinguisher sales and supply
- Key partnerships with major suppliers within the industry
The Skills Required
These are the skills our franchise owners need to fulfil their role:
- Sales and/or Account Management Experience
- Excellent people skills
- A natural networker
- A problem solver
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- High energy levels
- An outstanding communicator and motivator
The Start-Up Costs
An initial investment of £32, 500 + VAT is required for the franchise, which will provide the new business with all of the assets required to launch a full service business. In addition you will be provided with opening stock which will provide retail income of c.£8,000. You will need to make provision for working capital.
Training And Support
Training and support is a key strength of Jackson Fire and Security. We have invested heavily in the personnel, systems and resources to provide all the training and ongoing support required to run a top-notch Jackson Fire and Security franchise.
As well as a full induction course, we provide the Jackson marketing programme and a wide range of technical support. This gives our franchise owners access to the tools they need to market their service effectively in their locality.
We constantly meet with suppliers, manufacturers and partners to discover what is new in the industry. We regularly liaise with our franchise owners regarding new products and changes in legislation.
In addition, regular training days are held at Jackson HQ, where you can meet with fellow franchise owners to discuss best practice, learn new skills and acquire new product information.
Benefits For Jackson Franchise Owners
- Comprehensive training with detailed induction course, BAFE Extinguisher Maintenance Course, practical business training
- Full technical support for installation and maintenance projects – total project management can be provided by HQ
- Installation and maintenance contracts are sourced by HQ and passed on to the local franchise owners
- 24/7 Service Centre to receive and distribute emergency calls – and a National Service Centre to take enquiries from clients
- Bespoke IT system for total back office support and real time servicing reports
- Business support from a dedicated Franchise Manager
- Marketing and advertising support, including a locally-focused web page
- Profitable recurring revenue stream from on-going maintenance contracts
- Growing demand for property protection products and services
- Extensive product portfolio
- Highest standards in third party accreditation including Gold Standard accreditation for both fire and security systems
- On-going training and support from experienced Head Office team
- Strong resale values