Who are First Class Learning?
First Class Learning is a rapidly growing network of tuition centres throughout the UK and beyond.
First Class Learning (FCL) is a tuition franchise with a rapidly growing network of centres across the UK and beyond. As of Autumn 2012, FCL has over 150 franchisees running tuition centres in the UK and is expanding into the Republic of Ireland – yet its roots are firmly in the North-East of England.
FCL began in 2003, when a small group of educationalists with experience in mainstream and supplementary education provision got together to work on producing a structured maths programme for use in after-school tuition centres. The following year, work began on an English programme, and the pilot First Class Learning centre opened in Sunderland in 2004. Following further trials in a Glasgow centre, FCL ‘went live’ in the autumn of 2005, with a small group of experienced tutors opening their own centres.
Our success is based on three key elements;
- All the materials are designed in the UK to meet the outcomes of the curricula followed by UK schools. This makes the work directly relevant to pupils and is the reason that First Class Learning materials are increasingly being used in schools.
- FCL educational materials are written to a high specification and professionally produced and printed; FCL works with specialist companies who print, store and distribute the materials. Programme development is ongoing as FCL seeks constantly to enhance the service it provides to children, parents and schools.
- Franchising means that every First Class Learning Centre Manager has a stake in the company’s success. The franchise attracts creative, innovative people who bring expertise from all walks of life – which benefits both the growth of their own individual businesses but also the FCL network as a whole.
“My own education was one of the factors that enabled me to build a successful career in business, so I appreciate the importance of good Maths and English skills. With the support of the First Class Learning team, I am now building up my own great business.”
Simon Deacon, Franchisee
Our Franchise Offering
Our Franchise Package
- The First Class Learning franchise package provides you with everything you need to set up and run your business.
What Does The First Class Learning Franchise Cost?
- The complete First Class Learning package contains two parts, The launch pack and a Licence cost. The fully comprehensive launch pack worth £500 now comes complementary within the Licence cost making the overall cost of the First Class Learning start-up package just £7000 + VAT (bank finance maybe available, subject to status).
Return on your Investment
- Our model is very profitable and the First Class Learning franchise system gives you the opportunity to realise your ambitions and achieve financial security.
“To provide children with self-belief and confidence is amazing. In turn the respect and appreciation I earn from students and parents is the highlight of being an FCL manager.”
Shashmita Mehta, Franchisee
Why own a First Class Learning Franchise?
Our model is very profitable and the First Class Learning franchise system gives you the opportunity to realise your ambitions and achieve financial security.
- Low startup costs
- World class resources
- Defined protected area
- Comprehensive support
- Proven business plan
- You are in control
“Working with children is rewarding in itself but with First Class Learning, I also enjoy the opportunity to run a business which gives me a good income. What’s more, the flexible, efficient system means I have plenty of free time. It was the best decision!”
Helen Loizou, Franchisee