Who We Are
Barking Mad is the UK’s No. 1 award winning Pet Care Franchise. Our complete franchise package is £15,102 + VAT and includes a five year exclusive territory agreement, corporate apparel, marketing material, merchandise, email, dedicated software, personalised dog tags, territory wall map & PIF membership.
Who We Are Looking For
Barking Mad are looking for dog lovers, that goes without saying. However, you will be primarily running a business so we look for enthusiastic communicators with the ambition to grow a successful venture. You will be working full time to achieve something you can be proud of. We’re really selective about whom we work with and we hope you are too.
Why Should You Chose Barking Mad?
We’re an exciting, profitable and flexible business designed by dog lovers for dog lovers. We set ourselves apart from other franchises because of our:
- Unrivalled Support – Awarded ‘BFA Franchisor of the Year 2013’ for the support we provide to our franchise network including regular meetings, national conference, personal reviews, sales and marketing, IT, finance, dog behaviour, social-media and other practical support.
- Customer Contact Centre – Access to our dedicated team who will answer your calls when you’re out and about, setting you firmly apart from other pet care providers.
- Profitability – Just 80 customers and 12 hosts generate a turnover of £30,000 p.a.
- Cash-Flow Positive Business – Customers booking and paying in advance means cash-flow is both positive and never seasonal.
- Flexibility – No two days are ever the same, whilst Barking Mad is a full time business opportunity, it fits very well around dependents both young and old.
- Market Potential – 24% of all households in the UK own a dog, currently estimated at 9 million.
- National Partnerships – including PetPlan demonstrating professionalism and quality.
What you get for your investment
When it comes to supporting franchisees, this is the area in which we excel. We’re proud Winners of HSBC Support Franchisor of the Year 2013 We understand that the very reason you would buy a franchise is to have the security of a tried and tested business model. There are no shortcuts, and you certainly get what you pay for. We’re sure we’re doing a pretty good job as franchisees keep renewing their agreements for another 5 years.
We have been members of the British Franchise Association since 2001 and a Full Member from 2003. This involves lots of form filling and following a whole lot of important rules we have to stick to, all set out by the BFA.
We are extremely confident in the support and facilities we provide. Our well established and successful franchise model has been carefully developed over the years to ensure we meet the growing needs of our expansive network. There are 12 members of the team working full and part-time, all of whom specialise in different areas of the business. After your initial training, we guide you through the first 6 months working with you both in the field and remotely. We don’t expect you to be an expert in every area and there will almost certainly be at least one part of the business you’ll need more assistance with such as sales and marketing, accounts or telephone technique. But don’t worry help is always on hand.
Support isn’t restricted to the initial launch of your business, indeed we have a robust franchise development template which is specifically designed to help franchisees increase turnover during all stages of their business.
Because you are the IT department in your own business, we’ve made it easy for you by building an on-line data storage system and intranet which sounds a bit boring, so we’ve called it ‘FIDO’ short for Franchisee Intranet Data Operator. Put simply, it means that if your computer crashes you can carry on working on any computer until yours is fixed.
Support comes from our network of franchisees too, and so there are lots of opportunities to get together with other like-minded folks like you, such as our National Conference and Regional Sales Meetings.
Barking Mad will be very happy to give you much more information at the preliminary meeting. In the meantime, don’t feel you have to take our word for it, listen to our franchisees on our YouTube channel.