If you are thinking about franchising but not sure where to start, consider an opportunity that suits your lifestyle.
Start by asking yourself three questions:
- How much time do I have to commit to a business?
- How flexible is my schedule?
- Where can I see myself working?
Below are eight lifestyles categories that we have devised to help you make your decision. Pick a couple of categories that suit your preferences and search for opportunities to match.
1. Work from home
As a home based franchisee you can be your own boss, and will generally have the opportunity to work from the comfort of your own home.
- Reduced costs – there is no need to pay for an office space or pay for a daily commute.
- Less stress – You can work at your own pace in an environment of your choosing.
- Being closer to home means that you can make more time for other commitments such as family life.
Explore work from home franchises here.
2. Work Monday to Friday
If you enjoy a structured working week, then choose a franchise that allows you to work Monday to Friday.
- Maintain your work-life balance more easily through structure and routine.
- Keep your weekends free for you.
Explore Monday to Friday franchises here.
3. Work on the go
There are many mobile franchise opportunities out there that offer franchisees the chance to work across a multitude of locations, from mobile coffee shops to mover businesses.
- By working mobile you have the opportunity to see and do more during your working week. Mobile franchises are great for those who don’t like to sit still.
- Expect a varied lifestyle. No two days are the same, as you may visit a range of clients in different locations.
- Mobile franchises can be more affordable both in the initial stages and ongoing – while they may need to purchase a van or mode of transport, there is no bricks-and-mortar store, and as such there are no ongoing rental costs.
Explore work on the go franchises here.
4. Work on the high street
If you aspire to set up your own bricks-and-mortar store, then consider a franchise that puts you in the heart of a fixed location, for example a pub or education franchise.
Put your people skills to good use by making yourself the face of the franchise and liaise with customers regularly.
- You can work regular hours and keep work and play separate.
- Alternatively, choose to manage your franchise behind the scenes.
Explore franchises on the high street here.
5. Work on the tools
If you currently work in a trade or you are keen to roll up your sleeves, you could opt for a hands on franchise.
- Enjoy the satisfaction that comes from creating something yourself – people working in construction rank 2nd on job satisfaction surveys.1
- Working on the tools tends to equate with a more active lifestyle when compared to an indoor office environment.
Explore franchises working on the tools here.
6. Work outdoors
Similar to working on the tools but a step further, why not choose a franchise opportunity without walls and work in the great outdoors.
- Green-fingered people top the career’s happiness list, with 87% of people working in gardening and floristry roles happy with their careers.
- Contrary to popular belief, you do not have to employ a hands-on approach here, as a franchisee as you can choose to manage the operation behind the scenes. For example, cleaning and gardening-franchises will not necessarily involve marigolds and pitchforks, instead they could involve managing the people that do.
Explore working outdoors for yourself here.
7. Work part time
Working as a part time franchisee is a great way to dip your toe into the world of franchising. It is great for those with other important commitments such as young children.
- You can choose to continue your existing role whilst starting your franchise business on the side.
- This option affords you the opportunity to decide if franchising is the right move, albeit with a smaller commitment of your time and effort.
Explore franchises that let you work part time here.
8. Work flexibly
There are many reasons to find a franchise that doesn’t adhere to the hours of a fixed working week.
- You will enjoy increased personal control over your schedule.
- You can still work full time, whilst balancing other commitments with a flexible schedule.
- You are less likely to be overloaded with work – rather you can work when you feel the most productive, at the hours that you enjoy.
Now that you have an idea of the different lifestyles different types of franchises can offer, the next step is to find opportunities to suit your lifestyle.
Explore franchises that let you work flexibly here.
You can choose which lifestyle here. Many franchise opportunities available on Reed Commercial fit into multiple categories, for example, a gardening franchise may provide you with a flexible, outdoor lifestyle spent on the go.
1. Guardian 2015Tags: lifestyle, work from home, work mon-ri, work on the go